I know, I just posted. What can I say, this came as a surprise to me also. The talented and ever-helpful Mr. Foster has just nominated me for an award. The first rule involves me sharing seven interesting things about myself.
So here goes. Seven interesting things, for a given value of ‘interesting’ 😉
1) I’ve just finished reading my first ever romance novel. It wasn’t half bad. It reads like a drama with naughty sex descriptives thrown in. Think a light version of Conrad’s Victory, and without the camera panning away from the interesting bits.
2) The major continents I’ve never set foot in are Africa, South America and Antarctica. Yes, I intend to one day set foot for at least one minute on these continents. Preferably with the rest of me still attached to said foot.
3) I am a cradle Roman Catholic, who is pro-choice, pro-gay marriage and likes to sing in Latin. Deciding what to do about a pregnancy and/or coming out of the closet are very tough. If you’ve thought long and hard, and decided a certain course of action is right for you, who am I to argue? If you’re a friend, then I respect and trust your judgement. If you’re not a friend, then, frankly, I just don’t care enough. I have no excuse for the Latin 🙂
4) Character traits (that sometimes annoy) include blind loyalty, curiosity and impatience.
5) I like limitations. I believe limitations force us to become more of what we ever thought we are capable of. If only to render said limitations irrelevant.
6) I try to write. Sometimes. Most times I just get stuck *blush*
7) I love Gabriel Iglesias, Terry Pratchett and Voltron.
This is the part where I think I’m supposed to nominate 7 bloggers for the award. Drumroll please:
1) Beginningsinwriting – Mr. Foster is all heart, all talent and more than seven kinds of funny.
2) Sweet Mother – for random giggles and serious thoughts and all things in between.
3) vyvacious – cupcakes and sweet treats. ‘Nuff said 🙂
4) Mr. Rau – He writes about superheroes. I mean *superheroes*. How can anyone not love him? Seriously.
5) The incomparable Ms. Sooz – Step into her world and you might never want to step back out. At least, you might not be strictly sober when you eventually do stumble out 😉
6) M.P – She’s young and she’s got talent coming out of her ears. And she likes Dr. Who. Gotta love Maeve.
7) Belly-up – Lindy’s posts are smart and funny. And she writes about toilets. Heheheh. I have a 10-year-old. My sense of humor tends to mirror that fact.
Good luck to all nominees 🙂
p/s: Oh, and happy Lunar New Year to all! Huat ah!